QR code

QR code
Use your camera to go to the blog

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Paper cutout figures - Esdar Maren


For my grade 9s ...

These are mixed media collages.

I love the way in which Maren duplicates parts of the image and flips them horizontally to create a bilaterally symmetrical image.


Some images have a background - others don't.

Research your own 'paper' cutout figures.
Think of:- 

  • animated figures (Adobe Premiere Elements or Windows Movie Maker)
  • mixed media
  • encaustic (wax)
  • incorporate drawing; painting
  • other??







2 comments:

  1. That was a nice art work using paper cut out method. I would like to appreciate your creative thinking. cutout animation videos - VideoJeeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the on-line Adobe Youth Voices course on animation and used Adobe Premiere for the animation component. I didn't find WMM had enough control. I have used this cutout method (or a claymation one) with pupils aged 15 to 18 and they all loved it! We followed the normal process - story board, collect/make the components, do the photo-shoot and finally edit the stills. I did this over a term (10 weeks) with 5 x 45 minute sessions per week. The younger pupils worked in groups of 4 and the older ones worked individually.
    Here is another inspirational animation by Orla Wren .... http://studio238dghs.blogspot.com/2013/04/paper-cutout-animation.html
    I should post some good ones to YouTube and share them!

    ReplyDelete